Before Your Laminate Installation
When you work with Direct Flooring Center, here's what to expect before your laminate installation:
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process, answering any questions that you might have about time table and what to expect.
- You will discuss subflooring removal and waste management with your crew.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room in question.
During Your Laminate Installation:
At Direct Flooring Center, we provide professional laminate installation. Here is a rough overview of our installation process:
- Your existing flooring and/or subflooring will be prepared and/or removed.
- The laminate planks may need to be acclimated to the temperature of the room.
- The crew will trim door jams and install the underlayment.
- Laminate floors will be connected using an interlocking system, "a floating floor," while others may require an adhesive. Depending on which installation method you choose, installation times may vary.
- The crew will then provide the finishing touches and then clean up.
After Your Laminate Installation
Once our team has finished installing your laminate floors, here's what you can expect:
- We will complete a final walkthrough where you can ask any questions that you might have.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Allow your floors and the materials to settle before walking across your laminate.
- Stay in touch with our team with any questions about your laminate flooring.
Let's discuss our laminate flooring installations or any other topic you choose! Contact us today.