Before Your Hardwood Installation
When you work with Direct Flooring Center, here's what to expect before your hardwood installation:
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process, answering any questions that you might have about time table and what to expect.
- You will discuss subflooring removal and waste management with your crew.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room in question.
During Your Hardwood Installation
At Direct Flooring Center, we provide professional hardwood installation. Here is a rough overview of our installation process:
- Your existing flooring and/or subflooring will be prepared and/or removed.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, adhesives will be spread on your subflooring, and hardwood planks will be laid individually. Your crew will cut the hardwood pieces to fit the layout of the room while ensuring that no gaps exist at the culmination of the job
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- We will then clean up and complete the finishing touches.
After Your Hardwood Installation
Once our team has finished installing your hardwood floors, here's what you can expect:
- We will complete a final walkthrough where you can ask any questions that you might have.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Allow your floors and the materials to settle before walking across your hardwood.
- Stay in touch with our team with any questions about your hardwood flooring.
Let's discuss our hardwood flooring installations or any other topic you choose! Contact us today.